Ashlyn Elizabeth Lloyd

July 12, 2010

Born July 1st, 2010 at 2:35pm. Weighing 8lbs 3oz and measuring 21 inches long.

The Story:

I (Sara) went into the hospital Thursday at noon. Although my surgery wasn’t schedule until 2pm… I wasn’t quite sure why I had to be there 2 hours early, but I was there, along with Matt and my parents. Jackson went to play at Tio Steve’s and Tia Norma’s. When I checked in they didn’t have a room for me. WHAT?! I’m a schedule c-section, how can you not have a room for me? *sigh* Literally an hour and a half later they had a room. Which gave the nurses 30 minutes to prep me: IV (ugh, still have a bruise), medication, questions, gown, etc etc etc. I had 3 nurses pulling every which way, asking all sorts of questions–it was very hectic but they were determined to get me in the operating room. And I’m glad for it.

The pregnant me

prepped and ready to go! let's DO THIS!!

This time, for my C, I walked into the operating room. This experience was so completely different than my last C. SO much more postive!! In the operating room I was given a spinal (which made me nauseous) and then Matt was allowed in. At 2:35pm our beautiful baby girl was born and with blonde hair!! While Matt was with Ashlyn in the nursery and the doctors were putting me back together, my doctor noticed that where my previous incision was (from my C with Jackson) that my uterus was pretty thin, almost translucent and that she’s not quite sure my uterus would’ve made it through a long labor. After hearing that, I’m even more grateful we opted for the Cesarean.

After my surgery I was in recovery for about an hour and then they wheeled me to my postpartum room. However, because Ashlyn was a c-section baby, her breathing wasn’t what the nurses wanted it to be. For naturally born babies, their lungs get squeezed in the birthing canal which helps get the fluid out of their lungs. But Ashlyn was a C section baby and her lungs didn’t get squeezed. So until her breathing was what the nurses wanted, I laid in bed waiting to hold my baby for about 3 hours after my C. *UGH!!*

Finally, around 6ish, I got to hold her.

The first night Matt got to stay with me. But the second night he had to leave, since I ended up having to share a room. There were a lot of babies born those few days. But luckily for me, I got to leave on Saturday. It was SO nice to be home with my family!!

Here are some more photos of that first day, taken by my amazing sister-in-law, Joni

Life is good. Amen.



  1. life is good. and ashlyn makes it that much sweeter. love you guys!

  2. Congratulations Guys!!! We are so happy for you. Ashlyn is beautiful. She is the exact same weight and length that Eli was. So glad to hear that everything went pretty smoothly and you all are doing well. Looks like Jackson is adjusting pretty well too. Love and miss you guys. Thanks for posting the pics.

    DJ,Mara Eli & Miles

  3. Congrats again! She is just so squeezable cute! You looked amazing the day you went in to have her, and so glad that she is here safely!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: